Love is Important.
“If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.”
The passage above makes us realise that love is above all things, and in fact Jesus indicates the importance of loving others in Mark 12:31, by telling us that it is one of the two greatest commandments.
Loving others doesn’t always have to be dramatic or extreme or a massive declaration.
It can be really simple and embedded into our everyday lives.
If we read further in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 we see what love is, and isn’t.
So if you were wondering how we can express love to our neighbours, you’ll find your answer there.
- Love is patient – listen to others, don’t be fast to speak or react when conflict arises, give people a chance.
- Love is kind – compliment people, hold the door open, donate time and/or money.
- Love isn’t self-seeking, rather it is selfless – put others before yourself, consider the emotions of others before making certain decisions and taking certain actions.
- Love doesn’t envy – be content with your own, and be glad to rejoice with others. Want good for others as you would want it for yourself.
Now, with so much emphasis on love and loving and all the rest of it, it’s worth briefly having a look at a few reasons why it is so important.
- Firstly God Himself, is Love – 1 John 4:8
Therefore as children of God, made in His image, we ought to desire to be Love also.
- Love is powerful; it conquers all things, covers all wrongs – 1 Peter 4:8, Proverbs 10:12, meaning that the love you show can bring peace, freedom, joy and so much positivity into this world, without you even knowing it.
Your simple act of love can cause someone to forget the negatives in their life and restore their hope.
- Our ability to love other people – human beings that we can see, is actually a way of showing God that we are truly capable of Loving He who is unseen – 1 John 4:20.
Finally, let us be mindful of the fact that it can be very easy to love those who love us.
Therefore we should make the conscious effort to remember to; love those who aren’t so nice to us – Luke 6:35, and even those we don’t know at all – Leviticus 19:33-34.
So Friends, with all that said, Let us love…
With our words,
With our actions,
With our resources,
With a smile,
With a prayer,
With our whole hearts.
And let us ensure that our love is always genuine and sincere – Roman 12:9.
Keep the Faith, Don’t Stop Believing
God Bless you
2 thoughts on “Walking in Love ”